The first part of the project we did on our own was remove our old deck. In order to save some money in labor costs we took the weekend to do that. We are planning to use a lot of the lumber to make a fence around our garden to help keep the rabbits out. I will restrain it to make it nice, but it is one way we are going to re-purpose some of the old lumber. Also they came and measured out where the new addition is going and also starting to mark where the utility lines are. I also order a small window for the new bathroom. They have gone up in price since I bought an exact size window 3 years ago, so that was not surprising but a little bit unfortunate. I have to say it was fun to remove the old deck, we are not sure how old it was as it was here when we moved in.